Come visit our offices
DIRECTIONS TO TBI
We are in the historic Roberts Block Building, the entrance to which is on the south side of Eleventh Avenue SW just west of Fifth Street SW. The office is a few blocks south of downtown, an eight-minute walk from the LRT. From any downtown hotel, you can walk to our office in under 20 minutes or take a taxi for $10 and five minutes.
There is a wide range of hotels within an easy walk to the office. Here are a few:
Best Western Plus Suites: This is the closest hotel to our office, just a few blocks away to the west. It is an economical option with spacious rooms. The location is just out of downtown, but very close to Mountain Equipment Co-op, which is an interesting place to browse or shop for outdoor adventure gear—and for thermal layers essential for survival in the Calgary winter.
Fairmount Palliser: Historic building that played a key role in developing the city after the construction of the transcontinental railway. This is a more posh option that is still a 10-minute walk from our office and it is in the heart of downtown.
Hyatt Regency: Elegant old building in the heart of downtown and close to the Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts. This hotel is farther from the office than the Palliser, but the LRT is free downtown, so you can shorten the commute by riding the train from 1st Street SW station to 4th Street SW Station and then walk up 5th Avenue to the office. You can retrace this route back to the hotel or take a leisurely walk up 8th Avenue.
Hotel Arts: Hotel Arts is a boutique hotel south of downtown, just 15 walking minutes east of our office. We have had mixed comments about the neighbourhood from our clients who use this hotel.
Westin or Sheraton Suites: If you want to stay closer to the river and commune with nature, the Eau Claire area has a Sheraton and a Westin. These hotels are farther from the office—a brisk 20-minute walk or 5 minutes by taxi—but, in the summer time at our latitude when we have daylight past 10 PM, nothing can beat this area for an evening stroll.
TBI recommends using a sedan service at the arrivals level of YYC for airport transfers. The taxi company with the airport contract is not Calgary’s best. The sedan service has comparable flat-rate prices, they can be hired from the curb just outside the arrivals area at the airport, and they take Canadian Dollars or any of the three major credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, and American Express.
What To Do
- Excursion opportunities to Banff, Canmore, Kananaskis and other scenic destinations in the nearby Canadian Rocky Mountain tourist areas. Great skiing, incredible sight-seeing
- An excursion of geologic interest is the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology, with ten galleries devoted to palaeontology including 40 dinosaur skeletons with more than 110,000 fossil specimens.
- In the first full week of July, visit the Calgary Stampede: The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth
- Concert events at the renowned Jack Singer Concert Hall, which boasts some of the best acoustics in the world
- Sporting events The Calgary Flames professional NHL hockey, The Calgary Stampeders professional football, curling, lacrosse and more
- Restaurants: River Café, Hudson’s Canadian Taphouse